What is going on??
At its conception, Okoa Refuge was created to share the love of Jesus and rescue orphans. However, over the past few years it has become apparent that the need in Africa spreads so much wider. Therefore, Okoa has created a variety of programs in order to meet the needs of the people they work with.
- Water for Life: A project aimed at providing a way for people to have easy access to safe drinking water through the distribution of water filters
- Amaka ga McKenzie (McKenzie’s Home): Dormitory construction projects that have given a home to 40 orphaned and abandoned children
- Church Planting: In partnership with God’s Revival Churches, the organization started by Pastors Betty and Gerald Kasozi, 19 churches have been planted since 2008
- Okoa Revival Bible School: In May 2011, the Bible School kicked off and since then, five more have been started in different villages. These people are hungry for Truth!
- Motorcycles for Pastors: The goal is to provide one motorcycle for each of the Okoa Revival pastors (see online store for purchasing details)
- Mobile Clinic Healthcare: Starting in January 2013, Okoa’s mobile clinic will arrive in Africa. That’s when 5-7 day healthcare outreaches will begin in bush villages
- Prison and Hospital Visits: Weekly trips are made to the local hospitals and prisons in order to pray for people and share the Word of God
If you have questions or comments about any of Okoa Refuge’s projects, please do not hesitate to fill out the Contact Us page.