Okoa Refuge exists to glorify Christ through stabilizing the family unit and transforming entire communities.
1. Glorify God: That we would make much of God in all we do and say (John 3:30); we will give God glory in all things because all comes from Him (Rev. 4:11, Psalm 115:1, 1 Cor. 16:20); as we give glory to God, we will live our lives in such a way that others also glorify Him (Matt. 5:16)
2. Integrity: In the sinful world we live in today, it is obvious that our integrity is imperfect. Perfect integrity can be found in Jesus and through Him we are able to aim towards true integrity for ourselves. Our integrity will guide us in our decisions (Prov. 11:3); we will do what is right, not only before the Lord, but also before men (2 Cor. 8:29); we will strive to conduct ourselves honorably such that we maintain a clear conscience (Heb. 13:18); our goal is to be faithful and blameless (2 Sam. 22:26)
3. Accountability: We will live and operate with the understanding that we will be held accountable for each of our words (Matt. 12:36); one day we will give account of ourselves to God (Rom. 14:12); all of our work will one day be revealed and tested by fire (1 Cor. 3:12-15)
4. Love for All People: Love is from God and the truest indicator that we know God (1 John 4:7); if we love God, we will also love our brothers (1 John 4:21); we will love people as God loves us such that all people know we are His disciples (John 13:34-45)
5. Stewardship of Time, Money and People: Stewardship is the responsible management of God's resources (Psalm 24:1); we want to use everything we have to point others to God and to advance His kingdom (Col. 3:23-24); God owns everything, we are merely managers of what is His (James 1:17)
6. Sacrificial Service: Real love involves sacrifice and we will be willing to sacrifice for others (John 15:12); God is not unjust and will not forget the work you do (Heb 6:10); we will follow the example of sacrificial service that was set for us by Jesus (Mark 10:45); we will not neglect to do what is good (Heb 13:16); laying down our lives for people will be the greatest way we can show them love (John 15:13)
7. Permission to Fail: We are saved by grace (Eph. 2:8); when we fall, we will not be overwhelmed, for the Lord holds our hand (Psalm 37:24); the Lord will help us when we fall (Psalm 145:14); we will forgive others just as we are forgiven (Col 3:13)