Come and embark on the adventure of a lifetime!
Okoa offers you the opportunity to spend a part of your summer spending a part of yourself in order to make an impact half way around the world!
You will be stretched outside of your comfort zone as you use your God-given talents in Uganda in order to minister to hurting and broken people. Short-term team members are important assets to Okoa. The skills and talents of the team will be leveraged toward the furtherance of the Gospel and Okoa's projects.
Come and immerse yourself in the Ugandan culture as we drive off of the paved road and discover God’s purpose for Uganda and for you!
What is a trip like?
Okoa Refuge mission trips are truly a once in a lifetime experience. Okoa believes in community-wide transformation...this means that during your time here, you will spend time in a village that has been carefully chosen. You will see the same sweet faces every day as your team ministers to the people in a myriad of different ways. You will build relationships, share your heart, spend your energy, and then leave a piece of your heart when you go. Some things your team will do in your village are:
- School outreach
- Church construction
- Prayer and Evangelism
- Mud house and/or kitchen construction
- Rural medical clinics
Each trip is uniquely designed for its participants and built to suit the needs and talents of your group!
How much does it cost?
$1500 per person
The $1,500 covers everything from the time a you arrive in Uganda until you depart.
Items NOT covered:
- Airfare (can be booked by Okoa or independently)
- Personal Items
- Entry Visa
- Vaccinations (Yellow Fever is REQUIRED. Others are optional, but recommended.)
- Snacks, sodas or any food other than what is provided at mealtimes
**Trips longer than 7 days in country will incur additional costs**
it sounds amazing! when can i come?
signature trips 2018
One week of your life that has the potential to alter the trajectory of the rest! Your week in Uganda will be spent doing a variety of different things...medical outreaches, school visits, Gospel sharing, service opportunities and mud house constructing...just to name a few! We guarantee you'll leave a piece of your heart in Uganda and we hope you'll come back again and again!
- June 23 - July 5
- July 19 - 29
- September 20 - 30
specialized trips 2018
May 27 - June 3 - THe uganda marathon
- Come run "a marathon unlike any other"! Spend two days at Okoa, run the race and have a phenomenal time! If you don't want to run 26.2 miles, there's a half marathon and also a 10K! For more information on the Uganda Marathon, visit www.ugandamarathon.com. Make sure to use the code OKOA in order to get a $50 discount and sign up with the Okoa team!
August 31 - september 8 - couple's/family trip
- This is Okoa's only trip that takes place while the Okoa children are on a break from school. Spend some amazing time ministering to the Okoa kids, the children in Kayirikiti Village and the entire community! Team members will host a VBS and end the week with a performance for all of the parents!