We collect two types of information:
- Standard web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you offer it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you volunteer, request information, or donate, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry. Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. We collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transactions. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed (usually several minutes), then the number is only available for purposes of problem resolution. Requests: If you submit an online request or submit a question through a “contact us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, address, telephone number, and email address. Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, newsgroup, or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our site to the following:
If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you. If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our database and contact you in order to:
- Supply you with information including after-school or mentoring-related news, Okoa Refuge programs, events, and services.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to Okoa Refuge.
- Request your participation in an Okoa Refuge research study.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate Okoa Refuge program for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see above).
Your information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt-out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire. If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt-out selections.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. We process your financial transactions (donations and purchases) via encrypted SSL service. SSL is the industry standard.
Whenever Okoa Refuge accesses personally identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices Okoa Refuge constituents have made under this statement and that the security, integrity, and privacy of the information is maintained. While Okoa Refuge will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links within Our Website
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the Okoa Refuge Website. This site may contain links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
Security and Privacy Requests:
PO BOX 50014
Jacksonville Beach FL, 32240
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time.